The following is a summary of my relevant experience and education. I have represented thousands of clients, mostly in York County, Pennsylvania, and nearly all of my criminal litigation caseload and experience is in DUI cases in York County, Pennsylvania. As you can see below, I have trained fellow criminal defense lawyers and judges on DUI law.
Experience matters. Local experience matters more.
Education and experience:
1994: Graduated from Lehigh University in 1994 with B.S. in Business and Economics (Accounting).
1997: Graduated from the Dickinson School of Law with a J.D. (my law degree).
1997: Passed the Pennsylvania bar exam on the first try. Continuously licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania since with no disciplinary record.
1997 - 1999: Ernst & Young Kenneth Leventhal Real Estate Group - worked on high-level corporate and partnership tax projects for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) on projects in Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and Pennsylvania. I also was able to do some tax work for the Baltimore Orioles.
1999-2000: Law Clerk for the Hon. John S. Kennedy in York County, Pennsylvania.
2000-2003: Associate Attorney for Anstine & Sparler, York, Pennsylvania.
2003 - present: Private law practice limited to criminal defense, landlord-tenant work (for landlords), and election law.
Training I have given to others:
- Trained Magisterial District Judges during 2014-2015 on defending DUI charges involving Drug Recognition Evaluations.
- 2016 DUI and Motor Vehicles faculty: "Combating the DRE" covering tactics to use when contesting Drug Recognition Expert testimony in DUI cases. Presented February 2016, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 2014 DUI and Motor Vehicles faculty: "DRE on the cheap: How to beat the DRE when your client has limited funds". Presented February 2014, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- 2013 DUI and Motor Vehicles faculty: "The Right to Confront" covering evidentiary issues related to what witnesses are necessary to provide scientific evidence testimony in DUI cases with forensic/toxicology issues. Presented February 2013, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
I've represented thousands of clients over the years. Some of my recent DUI and criminal law cases are listed on my AVVO.com profile here. People always like to see results like these, but each case is truly unique.
Looking at a list of cases like that is not really predictive to you, though. I can tell you war stories and what I did for other people, but I doubt you really care.
Your case and your facts are what matter, not a result I got for someone else with a different fact pattern. Look at the results if you want, but I am looking at your case when you come in. I am not looking in the mirror at what I did yesterday. That doesn't help you at all.
Memberships and Community Involvement:
Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers:
- PaCDL is the pre-eminent association focused purely on criminal defense law in Pennsylvania. In addition to simply being a member, I support the organization by teaching other lawyers during classes (listed above) offered by PaCDL exclusively to criminal defense lawyers.
- 2006 - present
York Legal Record Publication Board:
- Publication Board member 2003-2015
- President of Publication Board 2015
- Helped implement electronic distribution.
- Developed a highly accurate revenue forecasting model and modernized advertising rates, leading to millions of dollars of additional revenue.
York County Law Library Committee:
- Board of Directors 2008-2014
- President 2014
- Helped fold the committee into general York County operations, ending the Committee's independent existence and saving taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
York County Bar Association:
- Member 1999-2016
- Assistant Treasurer 2002-2003
- Treasurer (and voting member of Board of Directors) 2004-2005
- Director 2006-2011
Central York School District:
- School Director 2016 - present
York County Republican Party:
- Elected Committeeman 2014 - present
- Executive Committee 2014 - present
- Assistant Treasurer 2014 - present
- Fulton County Historical Society - Life Member
- Georgia Salzburger Society - Life Member
- National Rifle Association - Life Member